July 13, 2009

What's Up This Weekend?

Just before Comfest, I joined Facebook so I could help spread the Comfest "No BYOB" message. Should have known better. I try to ignore it but it sucks me in. It has been a nice way to see a lot of Comfest and Doodah photos and it did connect me with one long lost friend. But reading all the flotsam and jetsam from other people's lives can be as addictive as eating potato chips and just about as mentally nutiritional.

Long day in court. Sorry I'm tardy. I actually hope I decide at the last minute to take a vacation somewhere next week so if you don't hear from me....

Thursday, tonight, Ghost Shirt, Karate Coyote and Pomegranites are at Treehouse.

Friday, Jesse Henry and the Royal Tycoons are at Dick's, Super Desserts and Blastronaughts are at Rumba and This Is My Suitcase has an album release with Karate Coyote, Couch Forts and Tin Armor at Skully's.

Saturday, the Columbus Music Co-op's "Here Comes Your Weekend Parking Lot Blowout IV" adjacent to the Surly Girl takes off at 3 PM with Apocalypso and continues until 11 or so with bands including Deerhead, Guinea Worms and Cheater Slicks. Always a good time. Jazz Bassist extrordinaire, Andy Woodson's Magically Delicious is at Dick's, Erika Carey & the Calamities has a EP release with Matthew Hoover and the Super Saints and Matt Monta at Rumba and there is a WCRS Benefit at The Summit with Jesse Henry, Moons and Trains Across the Sea.

Wouldn't you like to fly in my beautiful balloon? mark

No comments:

Post a Comment