April 23, 2009

What's Up This Weekend?

Tough Tuesday morning. Started out early at the doctor's where I got my ear repeatedly water-boarded and came out pretty dizzy and nauseous. Rushed over to meet with the City to determine into which sewer opening I could pump out the basement of my rental property. Drove home and got dressed in make-shift bio-hazard gear. Drove out to the west side to rent the pump and back to the apartment to do the dreaded deed when I discovered that if I had just checked the basement while I was out there with the City, I would have noticed that the foot or so of waste water that had been there the night before had drained itself. It was still a lot of fun getting my face about an inch from the disgusting floor to re-light the water heaters. On the way back to the rental shop, my inelegant morning finally came to an elegant gliding halt as I ran out of gas on I-70W before the Mound St. exit. I had earlier spurned a gas station because I thought the price was too high. I sat in the sun on the guardrail waiting for my partner to rescue me, thinking about all the mistakes and unpleasantness I'd been through, when I received a much needed change of perspective as it dawned on me that I was staring across the freeway at an old cemetery. I smiled.

Thursday, tonight, The Spikedrivers do the happy hour at Rumba and Neko Case is at The Newport.

Friday, The Ray Charles Tribute featuring Roger Hines is at Dick's, Dane Terry, a pretty amazing pianist, singer/songwriter that I recently came across, is at the James' Club 88, located at 55 W. Long St. Cut Bait, a good new R & B band, is at Oldfield's. The Loyal Divide at Skully's revisits their old hometown after moving to Chicago. One of the best new acts I've seen, Josh Fitzwater and the Shambles, are at Scarley & Grey.

Saturday, Wet Darlings is at Oldfield's, Super Desserts is at Rumba, and In 3D is at Skully's. mark

The worms crawl in and the worms crawl out
The ones that crawl in are lean and thin
The ones that crawl out are fat and stout
Your eyes fall in and your teeth fall out
Your brains come tumbling down your snout

Be merry my friends
Be merry

No comments:

Post a Comment