February 27, 2009

When it comes to technology, I'm pretty pathetic. For some unknown reason, the upstairs TV occasionally refuses to respond to the remote. I start pushing certain lucky buttons in different patterns that usually seem to work until it is coaxed into responding. It occurred to me that is the way I live my life. I really don't know what I'm doing so I end up doing the same old things that usually seem to work and, miraculously, my life turns out pretty great.

I was going to write about how, this week, I invented the first casserole I ever made but I thought I should spare you the gory details. Suffice it to say, it was delicious, I ate the whole thing and my fears of being poisoned were unwarranted. It is interesting though, when you think you might have to rush yourself to the hospital at any moment, how many weird sensations you notice flickering through your body to which you normally wouldn't pay any attention.

Thursday, tonight, Kerry Henderson, lead guitarist of The Floorwalkers does the happy hour at Rumba. The Flashing Clock and You're So Bossy are at The Treehouse and a new band I saw in my Comfest rounds and liked, Za's Pawnshop Special, is at The Thirsty Ear.

Friday, The Randys are at Dick's.... but I will continue anyway. My favorite heavy metal band, Razorblliss, is at The Hot Spot on Sinclair Ave. Lucy's Maze makes a rare appearance at Oldfield's on High. Two former members of The Midnighters are performing, James Edwards in The Muzzleloaders at Ravari and Stephanie Jeffreys does the happy hour at Rumba. One more possibility is Ghost Shirt at The Treehouse.

Saturday afternoon, I will have the pleasure of stage managing Music In The Round at the Spice Gastro Lounge which is a benefit for Transit Arts organized by The Capitol Square Rotary Club. Chris Burney, R J Cowdrey and Matt Monta performing. Doors at 5 PM show at 6:30. Its usually sold out. Later, This Is My Suitcase is at The Basement with a bunch of other bands, Fox 'n' Hounds does the bluegrass thing at Dick's, The Wet Darlings and a few others are at The Treehouse.

Nothin' says lovin' like somethin' from the oven. mark

No comments:

Post a Comment