February 27, 2009

This was a good week. The COMFEST license plate was affixed to my new black '93 BMW 318i and I was selected as one of three honored volunteers for Comfest 2009 which means there will be a little thing in the program about me. After 20 years of service, it was something I always hoped would happen but I was afraid I was a bit too controversial to ever be selected. I try to be the hardest working member of Comfest so it feels really good to be acknowledged.

Tonight, Thursday, The Spikedrivers do the happy hour at Rumba followed by the Canadian female duo, Po'Girl, whose CD of eclectic gypsy/klezmer music I reveiwed on the radio last Sunday and really enjoyed. There is also a Bob Dylan Tribute/benefit for Third Hand Bicycle Co-op at Victorians with Cowboy Hillbilly Hippie Folk, Mas Bagua and Matt Monta among others.

Friday, reunions of New Bomb Turks and Scrawl at The Summit, The Wet Darlings are at Rumba and Southeast Engine is one of four bands at the Treehouse.

Saturday, Happy Chichester returns from the west coast to perform at Dick's, Earwig and Bookmobile are at Ravari and Super Desserts and RTFO Bandwagon are at Rumba.


The weather outside is frightful. mark

No comments:

Post a Comment