February 6, 2009

What's Up This Weekend?

You know it is cold outside when you unconsciously try to put your leather jacket on over the camel hair coat you already have on. I always thought I was immune to the winters here but I'm tired of this cold crap. On the other hand, I realized what a wimp I am after talking to my friends from Athens who went without heat and electricity for six days recently. And actually I have learned that I can live with the thermostat set at 60 degrees, something I decided to try after getting a monthly gas bill for $430.00.

Thursday, tonight, Dick's Den has one of my favorite jazz acts, Andy Woodson's Magically Delicious. Derek DiCenzo will be spinning his vinyl madness at Rumba and The Main Street Gospel is at the Treehouse.

Friday, Matt Munhall is at Dick's Den, The Wet Darlings and The Andy Shaw Band are at Ravari, Megan Palmer & the Hopefuls are at Rumba, The Receiver is at Skully's, The Floorwalkers are at Thirsty Ear and the first evening of the Lost Weekend Records Sixth Anniversary Show at Ruby's features Nakamura Lock (who supposedly have changed their name to something not nearly as cool, Night Family) and The Guinea Worms.

Saturday, Semi Precious Weapons is at Ravari, Two Cow Garage, Ghost Shirt and Super Desserts are at the Treehouse and the second Lost Weekend night at Ruby's features Moon High (8 PM) and The Flashing Clock.

I've got my love to keep me warm. mark

No comments:

Post a Comment