August 27, 2009

What's Up This Weekend?

There are a number of things I could write about. An attorney in Michigan is hassling me about my use of the phrase "Rock and Roll Lawyer", claiming he has the rights to it. Fortunately, I have a killer trademark attorney on the case! Thanks, Lee. I wrote a song during my morning bike ride inspired by a canoe trip I took over the weekend on the Tuscarawas River. I'll include the lyrics at the end of this email. Speaking of lyrics. I went to Cincinnati to see a film of a musical, "Imagine This", for which my cousin, David Goldsmith, wrote the lyrics. It was a dramatic tale of a theater group in the Warsaw ghetto during the Holocaust putting on a play about the the Jews defending themselves against the Romans and eventually committing mass suicide at Masada. Not exactly "Springtime for Hitler" but it was very entertaining.

But I really wanted to write about the soap I use to wash my face. My girlfriend sent me two bars of this nice pumicey soap many months ago. I always hoped they would outlast her absence. Now, the last bar is slightly larger than a beer can tab. I'm very frugal, which I've always jokingly attributed to my Jewish heritage, and I use a bar of soap until it is an untenable translucent wisp. But my soap can only last so long.

Tonight, Thursday, get hammered with The Spikedrivers at Rumba's happy hour. Later, Ghost Shirt is one of four at the Treehouse.

Friday, Waterfire returns to Columbus lighting up the Scioto River to the sounds of the "Big Band Bash" provided by the Columbus Jazz Orchestra and Byron Stripling. 7:30 PM Genoa Park downtown. Sick Thrills is at Carabar, Grassahol is at Dick's, The Wahoos do the happy hour at Rumba followed by Matt Hoover and the Super Saints and Megan Palmer and the Hopefuls.

Saturday. Sandwich and The Flashing Clock are at Carabar, The Floorwalkers are at Park Street Tavern, The Wet Darlings and Cellar Hounds are at Rumba and Mt. Carmel and Jason Quicksall are at the Treehouse.

Lead on Blue Heron, lead on
Lead on Blue Heron, lead on
I know not where this river turns
I only know I wish to learn
Lead on, Blue Heron, lead on

Spread your wings in an elegant glide
Take me for a peaceful ride
I wish that I could stay all day
Or should I just fly away
I guess I'm waiting for a sign
That will reveal your grand design

No comments:

Post a Comment