September 10, 2009

What's Up This Weekend?

Oh, ye (me) of little faith. I was so worried that Obama was going to wimp out last night. I should have known he would stay strong and smart like the man I was sure I voted for. But this Hope he holds onto for bi-partisanship in the face of all the evidence to the contrary reminds me of the Hope I held onto for almost 2 years. I always enjoyed shopping for bargain shoes at DSW with The Girlfriend and even though I've been walking through the rain and snow for about a year with a hole in my sole, I waited for her to come back...until this past Monday. And, yep, I got a couple of real nice bargains. It would be nice if it turned out Obama and I were right about holding on to Hope, but at some point, he's just going to have to round up the Dems he's got and go out there and get us some health care reform we can walk in.

Thursday, tonight, Paul Brown's Science Gravy Orchestra is at Dick's (I guess his suspension is up), Wonder Power Twins, Erika Carey & the Calamaties and Matthew Hoover & the Supersaints are at Ruby's and Couch Forts share the stage with what sounds like a couple out-of-towners at Treehouse.

Friday, The Hot Times Community Arts and Music Festival at Parsons and Main begins at 6 PM with Mendelsonics at 8:30 followed by New Pollution and Shaun Booker. I'll be stage managing Friday and Sunday, as usual, so come by and say "Hi". Right around the corner at Carabar there's Moon High and Deerhead. Unit One and Matthew Hoover & the Supersaints do the happy hour at Rumba followed by Colin Gawel & the Lonely Bones. Later, I'll be heading for the Day of Infamy Birthday Party for Cyndi W.

Saturday, I will be tailgating all over Buckeye Nation Central getting pumped up for the biggest game all year. Go Bucks! Beat USC! As a result, I will be missing what looks to be a great new festival, The Pabst Blue Rendezvous at the Fireproof Storage building on North High in the Short North with The Randys at 2:30 followed by Trains Across the Sea, Nick Tolford and Company, Shin Tower Music, Daycreeper and at 7:30 The Lindsay wind it up. Wow! The music starts at noon at Hot Times with Girlz Rythm n' Rock Camp followed by BHB, fo/mo/deep, headliner Pato Banton at 6:45, The Four Mints, Willie Phoenix and Flex Crew. This Is My Suitcase and Flotation Walls are at Skully's.

Sunday, I will return to stage manage at Hot Times and I will be stylin' in the African shirt my client brought me back from Kenya. Lots and lots of jazz early then the Women's Drum Chorus at 8 PM followed by Ark Band.

Wednesday, set your calendar to remind you that Tim Easton is coming to Rumba with Aaron Tasjan.

These boots were made for walkin'. mark

No comments:

Post a Comment